Saturday, 26th October 2019
Workshop – 10am – 3pm
Stanmore Choral Society invites you to join them for an exhilarating day singing some of the choral classics:
- Handel – Zadok the Priest & Let They Hand be Strengthened
- Parry – I Was Glad
- Balfour Gardiner – Evening Hymn
The workshop will be led by their new Musical Director, Harry Bradford and accompanied by James Mooney-Dutton on the organ & piano.
The ambitions of the day are:
- Introduction to the music and in particular to baroque style
- Singing for pleasure – uninhibited, no pressure
- Introduction to our friendly group of singers – mental benefits of singing in a choir
- Experimenting with ensemble techniques
- Tops and tricks for improving musicianship
The workshop will be from 10am-3pm with tea/coffee and light refreshments provided in breaks. There will be a performance of our day’s work at 3:15pm for guest to enjoy for only £5. The day will finish by 4pm.
If you would like to book to come along then please download the PDF below and return it to Mo Dunning (details on the form).